04 May 2007

Callie the collie

Walt has already written about our trip to the kennel on his blog so here's what I have to add. First, the "Awwwww!" picture.

Green-eyed Callie, snuggling

When we got home at about 6:30, we walked Callie around the yard some to let her explore and see if she would pee or poop. She explored a little but was listless. We realized she was really hungy. We had given her water, but now Walt go the kibble out. She ate eagerly and then she pepped up. She needed sustenance and then got energetic.

A charcuterie in Saint-Pourçain

Our drive yesterday was really nice. Weather reports had told us to expect overcast skies, mist and drizzle, some showers, and maybe even some thunder and lightning. Wrong! It was sunny and bright all day, with a deep blue sky and big, puffy, white and silver clouds. The pictures here will give you an idea how sunny it was.

There were herds of charolais cattle in the fields
along the roads near Montmarault and Saint-Pourçain.


It took us three hours to get to the town of Montmarault, passing through Vatan, Issoudun, Lignières, St-Amand-Montrond, and Hérisson along the way. At Montmarault, we didn't see anything promising for lunch, so we drove 25 km further east to the wine village of Saint-Pourçain-sur-Sioule to find a restaurant.

A sandwich shop in Saint-Pourçain

We walked around, checking out the town and looking at windows, before we picked a place called La Farinade, where we each had a pizza and a salad. And a little pitcher of the the red Saint-Pourçain wine, which was delicious. I bought four bottles — two white, one red, and one rosé — in the local Champion supermarket. We'll try a couple of them this weekend.

Here are a few more pictures I took in the yard yesterday evening, as we were letting Callie explore and get used to her new digs. You're getting off easy, because I snapped at least 60 photos in all...

Entirely too cute

After some kibble, licking those chops

Exploring the new yard


************

10 comments:

  1. The awww picture is truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous. She looks very comfortable! So, when is she getting a sibling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to the proud parents....she's wonderful, looks very thoughtful....as I'm heading to Paris this weekend from VA, I hope that weather holds

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting from Claude's blog and just wanted to say congrats to both you and Walt on your new furry baby.
    She's gorgeous! What a great looking puppy. And yes, I'm a huge dog lover.
    Wishing all three of you many, many, happy and enjoyable years. I'll be back to check on Callie's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't figure out how to post on Walt's blog(atom?) But I loved the photo there where the dog is so relaxed.
    I paw-z to tell you she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elle est "rien mignonne", votre p'tite Princesse ;-) Je vais montrer les photos à Francis... Bises. Marie qui est contente pour vous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Callie's beautiful green eyes! She's going to love her new home and masters.

    I'm surprised you didn't stop by the charcuterie for Lewis who would appreciate its appropriate name;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claude sent me. Callie is a beautiful puppy! I have known two border collies and they are truly wonderful dogs! I know you will enjoy here immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the name of the charcuterie!

    Yes, doggie is looking very, very cute.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?