01 October 2015

Another Paris panorama

This morning I started going through some old photos and seeing what I could do with them. Here is an example. I took this one in April 2002 from... guess where... the top of the Tour Montparnasse. Click or tap on the image to open it in a new window and at a larger size.


This shot is a full panorama of the Louvre complex in the middle of Paris. I stitched it together from three separate images. You can also see other landmarks, including the St-Germain-des-Prés church, the cupola of the Institut de France, and so on.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't realize the Louvre was so huge and long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....
      just how many weeks does it take to visit the Louvre?!?

      Delete
    2. According to Google Maps, the Louvre complex is about 750 meters long. And there are two wings of that length, but the perpendicular parts that join them together at different points.

      Delete
  2. Holy cow, that is one view of the Louvre that we do not always see! So enormous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's no wonder that I missed a few things in the Louvre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I went to Paris once sometimes twice a year for a few years .. we always spent time in the Louvre. I must admit, in all those visits, all those years, I don't think we saw everything. I would have to live there and visit the museum every day. Which is fine with me !

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?