17 February 2018

Ground and trunks

It's wintertime, of course, and it's raining again this morning. Yesterday, however, was a pretty day, and I enjoyed taking some photos during my afternoon stumble around the vineyard with Natasha. It's slippery wet out there, and branches and limbs litter the ground.


Cyclamens are blooming in the yard, mostly under the big Himalayan cedar on the north side of the house. I've also been seeing a lot of primrose leaves, but there are no flowers so far. Our weekend is supposed to be dry, so I'll be able to get back into the routine of walking mornings and afternoons.

5 comments:

  1. Hope jet lag and allergies are history by now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Is it the aucuba I see in the mid upper left of the photo?

      Delete
    2. Yes, it is. It's alive but not growing very fast.

      Delete
  2. Allergy-wise, I'm much better but the "attack" is not completely over with. As for jet lag, I spent a basically sleepless night. But Tasha didn't wake me up until 5:20 a.m., so I got some good early morning sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cyclamen sure are attractive. Hoping for your quick jet lag recovery.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?