04 January 2006

Today's sunset

I guess I should talk about something other than food. "Meaty blog" and all that. Did I mention that I moved to France for the food, in large part?

Here's a nice panoramic shot of a farmhouse in the country near a village a few miles south of ours. This is what is called a longère here in Touraine -- a longhouse. When it was built in the 19th century, the people who lived in it occupied only a couple of rooms (living room/kitchen and bedroom). The rest of the building was used for storage and as stables for livestock.

Click on the picture to see a larger view

And here's a typical landscape taken in the area south of Saint-Aignan, which is farm country as opposed to wine country.

11:00 a.m., January 3, 2006

Did I mention that I love it here because I think the countryside is so beautiful? Not to mention the sky...

What about this view? I took it out behind our house this afternoon.

Sunset, 5:15 p.m., January 4, 2006

The sunsets here near Saint-Aignan are often really spectacular. Here's a wider-angle view of today's.


The temperature is about 3ºC (37ºF) and it rained this morning and was foggy most of the day. Around 3:00 p.m. the sun came out. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow, and the low in the morning as predicted by MétéoFrance will be -4ºC (25ºF). The sun rises at about 8:15 a.m. and sets at about 5:30 p.m. right now.

2 comments:

  1. Today's sunrise is 8:41 am. The sunset will be at 5:18 pm. We're gaining about a minute a day of daylight over the next couple of weeks, some days 2 minutes. Spring is on the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon, d'accord. I was guessing. As usual.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?