20 February 2009

Taking a blogging break

I haven't taken any pictures since I got to N.C., and I haven't yet had a meal in a restaurant. My sister has come to dinner every night this week, and we have been eating in. Yesterday I poached a chicken and then browned it in the oven. We had that with our "incarceration collard greens." Boy was it good.

I'm busy transferring old home videos from VHS tapes to DVD using my mother's computer and VCR. It's a nice activity that is not too labor-intensive and gives us a chance just to sit and talk most of the day.

So I'm taking a break from blogging, if you want to see what the central North Carolina coast looks like, you can take a look at my blog from past visits.

7 comments:

  1. I'll miss the updates, but I do hope you have fun at home. I was born in Charlotte, along way from the coast, but I have been to the mid Atlantic coast from Virginia Beach to Sea Island many times. I think the sourth Georgia coast and the outbanks are beautiful. I hope the weather cooperates and you have a chance to get outside and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, my mother was born near Charlotte, just over the line in Rock Hill, S.C. We used to go down there to see family when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, my dh was stationed at Ft Stewart and we used to go to Sea Island and Jeykll Island when we were there.

    We have a good friend from Brunswick, Ga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evelyn, I've never asked your friend B. if he ever knew of my cousin Bernie Moore in Brunswick back in the early 1970s. Bernie wrote a column in a local newspaper about his adventures with his young son. Bernie was killed by a drunk driver in 1973 at the age of 25. We had been very close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a good visit with your family. We'll miss you while you're on Hi 8 Us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To get collards in St-Aignan, just ask Madame the Mayor to build a prison in the vineyards. Bright idea?

    ReplyDelete
  7. CHM, maybe we could have that prisoner-gardener extradited to France. He might enjoy that. I haven't met him and don't know how good his French is, but his collard greens are excellent.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?