01 November 2010

View out the north window

It's fall and the colors are at their high point here in Saint-Aignan. Too bad my sprained ankle is keeping me from going out with the camera much.

Here's a picture I took from the living room window. The red foliage is a on plum tree.

A la Renaudière near Saint-Aignan, 29 October 2010

We're going to explore some new villages to day with our company. Saint-Julien-de-Chédon (pop. 715), Faverolles-sur-Cher (pop. 1251), and Francueil (pop. 1264), all near Montrichard and Chenonceaux. I can't believe I've been here seven years and still never seen these villages.

5 comments:

  1. It's great to know that there are still villages relatively nearby for you to explore :)

    Great picture, and I found the story of the hidden recipe very interesting :)

    Continued good wishes for that ankle of yours!

    Judy
    (word verification sounds like a Harry Potter spell: "unailith")

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope ur not doing too much walking around these villages....maybe just a drive by? my feet r just about recovered from my paris blistering walks.....hours every day in shoes that were not tennis shoes.....next time, i'll just have to look like an american & bring tennis shoes (although not white ones) just for the sake of my feet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your posts about the new villages. I had to go immediately to Google maps to see where they were. How did you select them?

    I hope your ankle feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ankle -- if you sprained it badly it might need to be put in a cast or tight bandage, but there's a way to bind it to pull in the strain and not stretch it. It was the kiné who taught me, not the dr. Plus, if it's the same ankle as last time, that might indicate a weakness that can be countered by phys. therapy. (I learned that I was putting too much pressure on the outside of foot and needed to concentrate on the inside and I haven't re-sprained that ankle in quite a long time.) Whatever the solution, I hope you are up and walking about soon so we get to see more wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the faith (?!!!), Ken. Your ankle will start to feel better the sooner you give it a chance to rest (like you have written you are doing). Anxious to hear about the neighboring villages.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?